|

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bon Voyage


This movie is a great example of one of a great foreign film. It supprises you with how awesome an action/mystery film can be without all the Hollywood SFX.
At first glance, I would best describe it as stunning; I believe it may be well compared to a beautiful girl one has just met: beautiful yet simple appearance, with a complex nature. Just when you think you know what's going on, and can predict what comes next, it takes an unexpected twist, leaving you guessing to the very end.
The entire movie is in French with subtitles, and takes place in France at the beginning of WWII. To read some "revealing" plot, highlight the following: A movie actress kills an attacker in self defense. Afraid of scandal, she gets an old friend, and the hero of the tale to throw the corpse into the river. But the cops nab him in the act, and he ends up behind bars.
Months later, as the city is evacuated, a prison mate helps him escape. They make their way throughout the rest of the story, running into old characters, and meeting new ones, until suddenly they all have the good fortune to prove that they can save the world by preventing the Nazis from making atomic bombs.

A must-see.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gregaria said...

This movie is like a beautiful girl!? I don't think I can relate... sorry.

Unless... wait! Its just like me!

I know, I know. *groan*

12:02 AM  
Blogger Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

*sigh* I love that movie... but tim, Deirdre tells me you didn't like Auger!?!?!?! Was it jealousy, perhaps??? Mmm, you're right though, it is a must-see... we have it currently, by the way, so if anyone wants to have a party...

1:26 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Auger was a perfectly cool chap. What I don't like is the way he is so lucky in being ine of the few guys who get to prove that they can actually be heroic. Does that make him better than all the other guys? Just luckier.
Fortunately for the girls, he happened to be rather dashing.
But that is the type of stories people like to watch; so I'm not complaining.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I wish you would be a little less free with giving away plot...

7:47 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

What did I say? Wouldn't you want to know what it's about before you see it?

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Alright...there. I made the nessecary adjustments just to please you guys. I shall try to be less "free" in future.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Hermes.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<