|

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bluescreening

Bluescreen and greenscreen are totally awesome. If you don't know what it is, it's a technique used in filmmaking that puts two separate images together on screen. For example, I might film you, standing in a garage, with the entire wall and floor behind you covered with a green cloth. Then, on the computer, I take that shot, delete everything green, and replace it with another shot I took of the moon while I was there. Now it looks like you are on the moon!
Not 10 years ago, this technique was a complicated thing you could only do if you were a totally professional movie maker. Now you can do it at home, with $100 software!
Where will we be in another 10 years?

4 Comments:

Blogger Gregaria said...

I like this technique as well. I'm glad the technology has drastically improved, though. Some of the sixties movies which used bluescreening are so badly done! It's very obvious that they were not actually doing what they are portrayed to have done.

10:57 PM  
Blogger PB said...

"where will be in another 10 years?"...

davy jones locker ;-)

Just kidding! and yeah Bourne Identity and Supremecy are both on my list of ones to watch. so many to see, so little time.

have a great week!

PTB

p.s. oh and i found your cord. I'll bring it on Sunday

12:07 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Great! now I can empty movies from my camera onto VHS.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where will we be ten years from now? We will be doing everything on Blackberrys and roll-up key boards

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<