|

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Bourne Identity

Jason Bourne can't remember his past. He can't remember his name. He doesn't know why he was pulled out of the Mediterranean Sea with two bullets in his back, a bank account number embedded in his hip, and a personal account of well over $3,000,000. He doesn't know why he's so wicked cool, or why every cop on earth is trying to kill him. Why do all of his passports have a different name? Why does he get tense every time he hears a siren or see a cop?
In one scene, Jason is talking to a lady who is helping him run away:

JASON: "Right now, I can tell you the license plat numbers of all the cars in the parking lot outside, I can tell you that that waitress is left handed, and that the guy at the counter weighs 215lbs., and knows how to handle himself. I can tell you that the best place to look for a gun is in the cab of the grey truck outside, and that at this altitude I can run flat out for a half-hour before my hand starts to shake. Now how can I know that, and not know who I am?

Yeah. I recommend watching this movie if you haven't seen it, and if you don't mind some language.
Why are the cops trying to kill him?
I'm still not sure.
I kept asking myself questions like, "wait...they're on the same team, right? Why are they shooting at eachother?
My sister wanted to watch it with me, and I told her, no commenting on how cute the guy is or how sorry you feel for the "innocent cops" who get beat up.
Do girls even think he's cute, or was I waiting my breath?
My Dad suggested that Tom Cruise may have played the role better. Do you?
Anyways, I enjoyed it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gregaria said...

I've always wanted to see these movies... the Bourne Identity and the Bourne Supremacy. They happen to be my cousin's favorite movies and your review has only heightened the intrigue.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*I* don't think that Bourne is cute. I was half asleep when I watched it, so I didn't really follow the plot that well. So I am still really confused about it all, but whatever

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kodi said...

I recommend both movies, though I personally like the second one better. I don't think I would have liked the movie as much with Tom Cruise as Bourne. Matt Damon did a very wonderful job acting the part.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bingy, bingy, bingy....*I* think Bourne is adorable. And I'm really not a Tom Cruise fan; I think Damon did a fine job.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cruise would have been a drastic mistake. He needs to stay in MI, and I don't mean our Lady's Army!!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<