|

Sunday, May 07, 2006

X-Men



After playing with the action figures way back when, and forming definite opinions about what X-Men should be like, I was very disappointed with the previews, posters, and reviews I saw when this movie first came out.
Well, I was finally talked into watching it, and the only thing I regret is that I waited so long to see it. It definitely lives up to requirements, and goes beyond. Sprinkled with only a little crude language, there is nothing really objectionable. The special effects are way overdone, which in this case is a good thing. The hero is a satisfyingly tough manly man, with an appropriately big teddy bear heart. The girls aren't gross, and the bad-guys are cool enough to pass. Plot line is great, and there is excellent character development.
Recommendable.
By the way: Cyclops is still my favorite, I still think Wolverine should wear that suit he does in the comic-books, and I still really hate Storm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hate Storm? I don't have an opinion of her either way, except she has one of the stupidest lines in movie history: "Do you know what happens to toads when they get struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else." *groan*
I can't wait to see X2 (and consequently, X3...)

1:29 PM  
Blogger PB said...

I too hate Storm. (*sticks tounge at erin*)

but yeah, other than that I liked it.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like storm. Both because Storm is cool and because Halle Berry is pretty.

:D xmen rocks! I liked Cyclops growing up too. But now i prefer Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit, and a few others...more than the modern Cyclops. i don't like the "new" cyclops very much. -seand

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wolverine.... he's a fox... I... won't get into it.

seeya timmytom.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should review X2...

Nightcrawler was cool! (Even though he was done by Alan Cumming, alias MR. ELTON!!! UGH!!!)

Ahem.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, storm was kinda pathetic in the first one, but she got better

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<