|

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Confess


An Alfred Hitchcock film.
A Catholic Priest hears the confession of a murderer, and is bound to silence by Church law, even when interrogated by the police. This is not too difficult, until someone says they saw a priest leave the building. Now all signs point to him.
He must not say who actually did it, he must not say that he knows who did it, he must not say why he cannot speak. He cannot even hint that he ever heard the man's confession. Unfortunately, the murderer is content to let his parish priest be suspected.
If you have never seen this exiting/frustrating depiction of faith, hope and love, I strongly recommend it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this movie! Very very terrific.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY want to see this!!! I was just thinking about it in Latin class yesterday (ugh) because we were translating the verb "I confess". (Stupid Latin!) Hopefully we can watch it sometime...

1:07 PM  
Blogger PB said...

Tim, you should sort out these comments someday. And yes, "I Confess" one my list of ones to watch as well.

See you sunday.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

My dear sir, whatever do you mean "sort out these comments"?

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is probably my fav movie of alfred hitchcocks. I love this movie

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray, I finally saw it! *dances a happy jig* it was good.. except I felt sorry for the priest

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<