|

Saturday, April 29, 2006

3-Minute Movie contest

I just recently entered the contest for the Seattle Times 3-minute movie contest. I don't expect to win, but I thought it would be a good way to put my name out on the table, so to speak.
Last week was very busy:
On monday, I called the Duncans and the Macks, and told them that I wanted to film an entire 3-minute movie that very day, and that I wanted them to act in it. I knocked out a script and shot list, and met my actors. We actually managed to get it all filmed in one day. The catch was that it was due on Friday.
Two days later, I attempted to edit it. Pretty much anything that could go wrong did go wrong.
I finished editing it on Sean's laptop Thursday night, and went home, letting it burn onto CD overnight. The next morning, the Duncans went on vacation. Unfortunately, the disc never burned, so they emailed it to us, but it never came through okay.
So I had to go up to the Wilson's house to re-edit the entire thing. We finished midnight, Friday night.
The next morning, Dad and I took the disc to Seattle Times, hoping that they would accept it, even though we were technically a few hours late. There was one man behind the counter, and he took it with no expression, so I am now hoping that it at least got entered. Please pray that all goes well.
In concluding, I just want to point out that what I just told you is an extremely condensed version, and I left out over half the difficulties that arose. (Patrick got the whole story when I saw him; just ask him how condensed it really is.)
So...does it seem that I had bad luck last week, or good luck? I can't tell.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you entered it, so that's what counts. Even if it was a little bit late, it got finished. I'd say you didn't have the best of luck, but it was good, all things considered.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your paying for the amputation costs... thats all i've got to say. :d (sean)

10:24 AM  
Blogger PB said...

Just think, its something you can laugh about with your grandchildren.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMPUTATION COSTS?!?!?
Maybe I don't want to see this movie... *chuckles maniacly*

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<